Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blue Skies

Here's my card for this month's final Viva la Verve challenge. My card is based on this whimsical insect patterned shower curtain.

I used a trio of images from Verve's Blue Skies set on the oval panel. The butterfly is stamped in black ink on the white panel and colored with a red marker. I stamped the image a second time, this time on vellum. Once the ink had dried, I cut the image out and attached its center to the colored, stamped image. After the vellum was set in place, I bent the wings up so the butterfly looks like it's in flight.

The rest of the card is very simple. The patterned paper panel across the top of the card picks up the colors I used in the image panel. The big button-embellished bow finishes off the card.

Materials Used:
Blue Skies stamp set (Verve Stamps); Barely Banana and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); vellum (The Paper Company); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); oval dies (Spellbinders); Harvest Gold button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips