Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thanks for the Lift

Here's my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, courtesy of Wendy. I went bold and bright on this one.

I used one of the hot air balloon images from Papertrey Ink's Up, Up & Away stamp set for my focal image. I die cut the shape, then took the easy way out and stamped the solid images onto the shape instead of the outline ones that need coloring. I added a die cut cloud, cut from felt, behind the balloon to give it the appearance of floating in the sky.

A strip of My Mind's Eye patterned paper, edged with some coordinating solid cardstock scraps, runs down the right side of the card. A red ribbon strip with a button embellished bow dresses it up a bit.

If you get a chance to play along with this week's sketch challenge, make sure you use the keyword sk072410 when you upload your card so it can be added to the album with the rest of this week's creations.

Materials Used:
Up, Up & Away stamp set, Hawaiian Shores cardstock, hot air balloon and cloud dies, Hawaiian Shores button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); So Sophie "Savvy" Best Thing designer paper (My Mind's Eye); felt

3 comments:

  1. Really cute! Love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [color=#336699]Awesome web site! I haven't noticed inkingaloud.blogspot.com before in my searches!I found very useful information about
    [/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]anti-aging[/url] [color=#336699]here... Keep up the great work![/color]

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips