Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Circus Celebration

Here’s a cute party invite and cupcake topper set I made using July’s Stamp of the Month, Circus Fun, from Clear & Simple Stamps. Through the end of July, you can use the discount code CSS0710 to receive a $1 discount on the purchase of this cute set.

I started by designing the cute tent topper style invitation. I used the bear silhouette image, balanced on a striped ball created with one of the set’s two-step images. I added the . I created my own striped paper using the Dots & Lines set. A black satin ribbon is tied just beneath the end of the lines, leaving a solid block for stamping the sentiment in the lower right corner.

As I was looking at the card’s topper, I thought that it would make a cute coordinating cupcake topper, so I tried that out, too. I used a slightly smaller circle for the image and changed up the placement of the sentiment, curving it around the edge of the panel to add some interest. The image panel is attached to a red scalloped circle mat. I cut a second red scalloped circle and tucked a red toothpick between the two circles.

Materials Used: Circus Fun and Dots & Lines stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Perfect Little Black Dress, and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear & Simple Stamps); Real Red Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); black satin ribbon (Target); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

Be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone app today to check out another one of my CSS creations, seen exclusively on the app. If you haven't added the app to your iPhone or iPod Touch yet, you can find all the info about downloading the app right here.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Lori, I love the cupcake topper and of course I always love seeing your creations on the app!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips