Monday, July 26, 2010

Go Team

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to make a card with a pennant on it. The cute Pure Innocence Boy and His Dog MVP set seemed to be a perfect match for a pennant, so I tried it out.

Since I knew the pennant would take up plenty of space on my card, I kept the design pretty simple. The sporty little guy is stamped on white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, and cut out. He’s placed on a cork playing field using foam tape. I stamped the football image on a scrap of cork and highlighted it a bit with a white gel pen before placing it in the boy’s hand. I set the scene along the right hand side of the card, then got to work on the pennant.

I used MFT’s pennant DieNamics die to cut 6 pennant shapes in two different colors. I assembled the pieces using two colors on each individual piece for some contrast, then added rub on letters spelling “go team.” I used some twine to string the words together—this was a big pain! The twine kept fraying as I pulled it through the tiny holes, making the task take much longer than it should have . . . Once I finally finished, I arranged the pennant strips on the card, using foam tape to hold each piece in place. Too cute--and just in time for the start of football training camp . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Boy and His Dog MVP stamp set, pennant Die Namics, cork (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Beach Collection designer paper (Memory Box); circle dies (Spellbinders); twine (Papertrey Ink); rub on letters (Making Memories); white gel pen (Ranger); foam tape

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips