Saturday, July 10, 2010

Introducing the Chicken Girl Design July Digi Collection

The July Chicken Girl Design digi image collection is now available at i {heart} papers. This month's collection includes 4 adorable images (Pig Balloon, Blast Off, Gone Fishing, and Out of This World)that are available for download for $2.50 each or as a collection for $8.50



I've been wanting to try a tent card for a while now so I made one using the Pig Balloon image from the new release. My card's front measures 5" square and features the cute image dangling from the cutout in the front panel.

I printed the image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a soft blue airbrushed sky and some Crystal Stickles to the clouds for a little sparkle.

I covered most of the front of the tent card with some pink plaid patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. I cut the opening for the image using a Nestabilities circle die. The opening is framed with a decorative scalloped frame made with a big scalloped circle die. Since I didn't have any jump rings around, I hung the image from the top of the opening using clear fishing line--it seemed to work okay as a substitute. A pretty yellow crepe ribbon, tied in a bow using the Bow Easy, decorates the top of the frame and hides where the fishing line .

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Chicken Girl Design Team has created using images from the latest release. Here's where to find them:


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Pig Balloon digi image, Couture Cardstock medium weight white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y11, Y13, Y18, YG01, YG03, YG05, R000, R21, R30, R81, R83, R85 YR16, B000), Ranger Crystal Stickles, My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary designer paper, Nestabilities circle and big scalloped circle dies, Creative Impressions yellow crepe ribbon, Bow Easy

other: Pretty in Pink and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin' Up!); cloud die (Papertrey Ink); clear fishing line

7 comments:

  1. Simply adorable, love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright, happy card! Your colors are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the cloud for the greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always had a thing for square cards. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Lori! I love the sentiment in the cloud! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips