Friday, July 9, 2010

Love Bug

****Scroll down for my Blogger Challenge/Friends with Flair project.****

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was to use an image from Bella’s Huggabug collection. I combined the Flutterby Huggabug image with Mercy’s latest sketch challenge to make this fun, bright card.

I stamped the Flutterby Huggabug image on a white panel, then colored the image with Copic markers. The image is highlighted around the edges with yellow markers for a fun glow. I also added some clear Stardust glitter along the edges of the Huggabug’s wings and antenna.

I used some scraps from the My Mind’s Eye Love Me Do collection for the panels on the cardfront. The different patterns are divided by a strip of narrow yellow grosgrain ribbon. I used a matching bow as an accent at the top of my image panel. To bring in just a little more yellow, I matted the patterned paper on a yellow panel before attaching it to the teal cardfront. The “love bug” sentiment is stamped directly on the patterned paper to the left of the image panel. I tried to set it so that it was mostly on the white part of the paper so it wouldn’t be too lost in the pattern . . .

Materials Used:
Flutterby Huggabug image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, and Bermuda Bay cardstock, yellow grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Love Me Do designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); oval dies (Nestabilities); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips