Sunday, July 25, 2010

Monochromatic Male Birthday

Here's the card I made for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I was glad that Toni's gallery was selected for today--I knew it would be full of clean and simple designs that would be easy for me to reproduce quickly, since I have a busy day planned getting ready for the upcoming week.

I based my card on her monochromatic masculine birthday card. I changed the design and colors up a little while keeping the theme and the use of variegated shades of color in my version.

I used scraps of 4 different SU! blue cardstocks for the strip across the card. The sentiment comes from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Bash Sentiments set. I stamped it in a brown ink instead of a white. I also added a button for an accent instead of using an embossing folder to add texture. I paper pierced along just the bottom of the blue strip instead of all around it to keep things really quick and simple. This design would be great to reproduce in sets using different color scraps and a variety of sentiments.

I'll be back in a bit with my PTI blog hop project featuring lots of Chloe the cutie puppy goodness . . .

Materials Used:
Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set, Dark Chocolate ink, Dark Chocolate button (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, and Not Quite Navy cardstock, Chocolate Chip twill (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips