Sunday, July 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop: Office Inspired


This month’s Papertrey Ink Blog Hop theme is office supplies. I decided to use some office supplies and some paper crafting versions of office supplies to make a fun file folder shaped mini album about my puppy, Chloe. Chloe the cutie puppy just turned 6 months old and she’s absolutely adorable—and very photogenic, too!

I used a photocopier to enlarge one of the file folder card templates from this month’s Color Couture downloads for the cover of my album. Once I had enlarged it to the size I wanted, I traced it on Vintage Cream cardstock and cut it out.

The cover is decorated with PTI’s Simple Valentine patterned paper. I cut it to match the shape of the folder’s front. I spelled out Chloe’s name with some chipboard letters in coordinating colors. A piece of Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon is stapled under the letters to help them stand out. I added a felt heart and a button as fun, girlie accents.

Inside the cover, I used the notebook paper die and coordinating stamp from the School Time set for my journaling. I stamped one of the hearts from Heart Prints to bring in the heart elements from the album’s cover.

The photos are inside a series of layered clear envelopes. I put some ScorTape on each envelope’s flap and layered them one on top of the other and secured the bottom envelope to the back of the album. To hide the adhesive and envelope flaps, I attached a piece of Raspberry Fizz cardstock with a strip of Pure Poppy ribbon along the top of the envelopes. This allows the envelopes to flip up so you can view all of the photos.

Here’s just one of the photos of my cute little girl. This one was taken Chloe was just about 12 weeks old. So cute!

Materials Used:
School Time and Heart Prints stamp sets, Pure Poppy and Raspberry Fizz inks, Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream, and White cardstock, Simple Valentine patterned paper, July Color Couture download, notebook paper die, Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon, Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); clear envelopes (Stampin’ Up!); chipboard letters (Colorbok); heart die (Spellbinders); ScorTape; stapler; white felt

23 comments:

  1. I love this! What a cute thing to do for your puppy, who is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project and super sweet dog! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is fantastic design! Cute look and Chloe is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea - right from the heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaaw look at your new doggie! Sooo cute! Love that file project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet idea, love seeing that paper used some other time than February. Cute little pup too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea--and I just love Chloe, she is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is nice. Very colorful file folder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the challenge! I love the way you've decorated the folder - and the puppy is too adorable for words!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute project. Your puppy is a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips