Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Riding By

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I’ve had this Out for a Spin set for a while now and decided this layout would work nicely for a simple scene with the bicycle image taking center stage.

I stamped the bike in black ink on a white panel and drew in a simple pavement strip beneath it. The scene is colored with Copic markers with a soft blue airbrushed sky. I stamped the flower basket for the back of the bike a second time on a scrap of cardstock, colored it, cut it out, and attached it to the bike with foam tape. A coordinating strip of pink satin ribbon runs across the top of the scene, embellished with a pretty bow showing both sides of the ribbon.

I used a coordinating flowered paper from My Mind’s Eye to cover most of the cardfront. Since my image panel was kind of big, I decided to leave off the scalloped strip along the bottom of the panel. It seems to work just fine without it.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Out for a Spin stamp set, Couture Cardstock medium weight white Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (RV00, R81, R83, R85, Y0000,Y21, Y23, YR24, C00, C-1, C-3, C-5, B21), May Arts reversible pink/light pink satin ribbon, Bow Easy, My Mind’s Eye Quite Contrary designer paper

other: Pretty in Pink and Rose Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips