Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anni-Verve-Sary Cards Part II

Chloe the cutie puppy and I are back from a fun romp at the dog park. While she rests and recovers, I thought I'd post my last three cards for Verve’s anniversary and release week challenges.

Here’s card number three. I used an image and coordinating sentiment from the Always on My Mind set on the focal image panel. The tiny star is paper pieced using a scrap of gold shimmer paper.

I continued the star theme with some star patterned paper covering most of the cardfront. I used coordinating colors for the solid and scalloped panels underneath the image panel and for the two grosgrain ribbon strips that run across the card. I dug through my stash to find a trio of gold-ish brads to use as an accent. I don’t use much gold, so it was a challenge! I added one more star, punched from gold shimmer paper, to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Always on My Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla cardstock, large star punch (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (K & Company); Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon, large scallop border die (Papertrey Ink); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); star brads (Joann); gold shimmer paper (Target)

On to card number four . . . I pulled out a Verve set I haven’t used in a while, Practically Perfect, to make a girlie baby card. I colored the girl bunny image in shades of pink using Copic markers. Her necklace is dotted with pink Liquid Pearls for texture and shimmer.

She’s paired with a dotted circle pattern designer paper in pink, blue, and green pastel shades. I used a solid piece of green cardstock across the center of the card and a pair of pink grosgrain ribbon strips to set the image panel off from the background. I stamped the sentiment in coordinating pink ink and layered it on a matching pink scalloped circle.

Materials Used:
Practically Perfect stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Summer Dream matstack (DCWV); Sweet Blush ink, Sweet Blush grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); petite oval and scalloped petite oval dies (Spellbinders)

And, here’s the final card, number five. The colors came from this week’s Curtain Call Color Challenge. I though the challenge colors—Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White—would make a great masculine card, so that’s what I went for.

I stamped the large open flourish image from Verve’s Happy Days set in Kiwi Kiss, then added the sentiment in Pacific Point. The image panel is matted on a Kiwi Kiss circle, then layered on a piece of SU!’s retired Haiku designer paper. I used a combination of paper and ribbon to make the strips across the cardfront to add some texture while keeping the overall look masculine.

Materials Used:
Happy Days stamp set (Verve Stamps); Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White cardstock, Haiku designer series paper, corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. You rock all styles, Lori! I love the cards, and the clever use of the colours. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a stunning array of cards Lori! thanks for sharing at Curtain call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cards, Lori! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips