Monday, August 16, 2010

Anni-Verve-Sary Challenges, Part I

I spent some time this weekend working on cards for Verve's anniversary release challenges. I finished the first two and hopefully will have the other three to share later this week.

Here's the first card. The colors were inspired by this week's Color Throwdown colors--Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, and Soft Suede. I came pretty close to the colors and threw in a little cream, too.

I used a piece of striped paper from DCWV's Latte mat stack for the panel at the center of the cardfront. I added some solid eggplant and soft suede panels to contrast with the stripes, then added the medallion image from Thankful Accents as the focal image. It's stamped in eggplant on a cream panel and dusted around the edges with some suede ink for a softer look. The sentiment is stamped on another cream panel, layered on an artichoke mat, and attached to the center of the medallion image with some foam tape.

I added a few elegant details to the card. The ribbon that runs across the card is looped to add dimension and accented with a pair of self-adhesive pearls. I used an embossed bracket punch to frame the panels on the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Thankful Accents stamp set (Verve Stamps); Elegant Eggplant and Soft Suede ink, Elegant Eggplant, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Latte matstack (DCWV); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punches, Bracket border punch (EK Success); self-adhesive pearls (Queen & Co.); foam tape


Here's card number two. I flipped the sketch so I could make a simple scene using images from the Up, Up, and Away set. I set the scene on a piece of Marina Mist cardstock. The clouds are paper pieced with white cardstock (I may go back and glitter them up . . .) and the balloon is paper pieced with a scrap of dotted paper. I had just enough room at the bottom of the scene to stamp a sentiment from the Great Expectations set.

I used a combination of striped and dotted paper for the panels on the cardfront. The colors in the striped paper inspired the colors for the card. The dots on the yellow paper are stamped with the dotted background stamp from Bountiful Backgrounds--it's great to be able to make dotted paper in whatever colors you need. A little coordinating yellow ribbon with notched edges completes the fun, bold design.

Check back later this week to see my creations for the remaining challenges . . .

Materials Used:
Up, Up, and Away, Great Expectations, and Bountiful Backgrounds stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); marker (Copic); Marina Mist, Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White cardstock, Riding Hood Red Prints designer series paper, Daffodil Delight, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); Scooter's Vacation-Ruffin' It designer paper (Imaginisce); Straw ink (Vivid); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips