Sunday, August 15, 2010

Simple Thanks

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this clean and simple birthday card. Mine's pretty similar, with a few adjustments to the design to make it my own.

Before I stamped anything, I used a scrap of paper as a guide for scoring a "frame" on my kraft card base using the Scor-Buddy, a smaller version of the Scor-Pal. Kate has just gotten these back in stock at i {heart} papers and with markings at each 1/4", they're great for card making.

I replaced the leaf images used in the original card with different leaf images. Mine are from the Harvest of Memories half of Unity's August Stampin Store Kit. I stamped them in Rich Cocoa ink on the kraft card base. The sentiment comes from the same kit. Once I was done stamping the leaves, I used a white pen to highlight the embossed frame. I played around with adding a ribbon or some twine around, but in the end, let the simple framed images speak for themselves.

Materials Used
from i {heart} papers: Scor-Buddy, Unity Stamp Co. August 2010 Stampin' Store Kit-Harvest of Memories & Learning {year by year}, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Ranger Inkssentials white pen

other: Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips