Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Blooming Good Floral Frenzy

Here’s my entry for both the My Favorite Things Wednesday stamp club challenge to use ruffled ribbon and the latest My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. This month’s challenge theme is Floral Flair. I pulled out my MFT DieNamics rolled flower die and got to work on this sweet pair.

I started with the card featuring the Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day set. The little girl is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then placed on a simple scene. I used MFT’s cloud and grass DieNamics to add the elements to the scene.

I went with a mostly monochromatic pink color scheme. A piece of dotted pink paper runs along the bottom of the card. A strip of ruffled grosgrain ribbon is attached along the top of the dotted paper—the perfect girlie accent. I attached the image panel to the card, then stamped the set’s matching sentiment. A pair of pink rolled flowers, spritzed with some shimmer spray and dotted with pearl centers, finished off the card.

To go along with the card, I dressed up a simple small tin watering can I found in the Dollar Spot recently. I made six rolled flowers from felt and attached each one to a wooden skewer that was painted green. The flowers are arranged in the can and held in place with a hidden Styrofoam block. To tie the pieces together, I attached some of the same ruffled ribbon to the watering can as I used on the card. Too sweet! I'm taking it to work with me this morning to put on my desk.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day stamp set, cloud, grass, and rolled flower DieNamics (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hibiscus Burst cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics 2009 patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft); ruffled pink gingham ribbon (May Arts); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); foam tape; green acrylic paint; felt

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable set. I feel that rolled flower die calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic set Lori! Love all of your rolled flowers! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable indeed. It is just in time. My daughter is going to have her birthday on this coming September and I think that is the perfect card for that very special day.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips