Monday, August 2, 2010

Mint Chocolate Cake

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's theme was polka dots. I went with the polka dotted pattern in the Mint Motif Cake Shoppe and Cake Shoppe Too! sets available from i {heart} papers. I got to spend some time with Mint Motif designer Kimberly Crawford last week at CHA--can't wait to see what else she has planned for the Mint Motif line!

I made a double layered chocolate cake by combining some of the cake pieces from the Cake Shoppe set. I stamped in Rich Cocoa ink on a dark brown paper for a nice tone-on-tone look, then cut out the stamped image. I added the candle at the top, highlighted with a Yellow Stickle-d flame. The "happy birthday" sentiment from the Cake Shoppe Too! set completed the image panel.

I layered the cake panel on a blue panel, then set it on a 4 1/4" square kraft card base. A strip of brown faux suede ribbon runs along the bottom of the image, dressed up just a bit with a brown button with a twine bow. I was trying to keep the card sort of masculine . . .

Materials Used:

other: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); brown button, twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips