Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chloe the Cutie Puppy Says Thank You

I made this cute card as a thank you to my parents from Chloe the cutie puppy. She stayed with them for a few days while I was in Chicago for the CHA trade show and Super Show. Chloe's quite a handful, so a thank you was definitely necessary--LOL!

I used images from the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Burbs set for the card. I ran into Lawn Fawn's Kelly Marie Alvarez while I was at the Super Show--it was nice to get the chance to chat with her for a few minutes.

For my card, I stamped the tree and pup images directly on a white card base and colored them with Copic markers. I tried to get the pup's coloring to sort of match Chloe the cutie puppy's. The coloring's not the greatest because I finished the card in the dimness of a power outage after a major thunderstorm, but considering that, I think it looks okay.

The tree top is paper pieced using a scrap of SU! designer paper. I used some foam tape to attach it to the card. I knotted a strip of green satin ribbon beneath the images to ground them--and be kind of like grass. The little thank you stamp included in my order finished off the card.

Materials Used:
Critters in the Burbs stamp set (Lawn Fawn); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); designer paper (Stampin' Up!); green satin ribbon (Michaels)

5 comments:

  1. Lori, I'm so glad to hear that your parents and Chloe survived the sleepover!!! Your card is darling, just like your big little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww....so sweet! Love how your ribbon matches perfectly with your tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is soooooo cute! Love your ribbon 'grass' too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable card! It just makes me smile! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice to chat for a few minutes, too! I wish we had more time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips