Sunday, August 8, 2010

Friendship Is a Sheltering Tree

While I was at the CHA Super Show in Chicago last weekend, I made sure to stop by the My Favorite Things booth to check out all the samples and pick up some new goodies for myself. I had to have the fabulous new tree die that cuts and embosses. I used it on this card for the sketch from this week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge.

I stamped the tree image from Sheltering Tree in brown ink on brown paper, then cut and embossed it with the matching die. I set it on a blue panel with the set's leaves stamped in green ink. A strip of die cut felt grass runs along the bottom of the tree, across the card. I added a button sun and stamped the sentiment on the image panel, dividing it to fit in the space I had left.

I used a piece of striped Bo Bunny designer paper as the inspiration for the card's colors. I used both the striped and grid patterns of the paper on the card base, dividing them with a strip of green ribbon. The pieces are attached to a purple card base. I really like the fun color combo.

Materials Used:
Sheltering Tree stamp set, grass and tree DieNamics (My Favorite Things); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Old Olive Craft ink, Close to Cocoa, Concord Crush cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Simply Chartreuse grosgrain ribbon, Harvest Gold button, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (BoBunny)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips