Saturday, August 7, 2010

You Are My Sunshine

This card for this week's CAS-Tastic Wednesday challenge is perfect for the beautiful sunny weather we're having this weekend. It's based on Deb Neerman's card for the challenge to CASE the design team.

Instead of a flower I went with a simple sun design for my version of the card. The sun is die cut from two different colors of felt. A darker orange button is at the sun's center to add dimension and interest. I layered the sun on a piece of Harvest Gold grosgrain ribbon that runs across the center of an orange panel.

I stamped the "you are my sunshine" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frames #3 set at the lower right corner of the card in orange ink. This sentiment is one that brings back lots of memories. I used to sing the song for my Cosmo the crazy dog when he was sick or recovering from surgery. Hopefully I won't have many occasions to sing it to Chloe the cutie puppy . . .

Materials Used:
Fillable Frames #3 stamp set, Orange Zest ink, Orange Zest button, Harvest Gold grosgrain ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); sun die (My Favorite Things); felt

2 comments:

  1. This is great, I love the orange/yellow/kraft combo very much. And its nice to see the flower interpreted as the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoWzA, LOVE your take on the challenge! How neat to create a sun ... a fabulous interpretation!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips