Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Day

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used the yummy cupcake image from the Big Birthday Wishes set to make this sweet one.

I stamped the cupcakes on a white panel and colored them with Copic markers. The cherries are dotted with some Glossy Accents for a shiny look. I layered the colored image on a big scalloped circle mat, then attached the top of the matted image to a pink circle.

I used some sparkly paper from SEI’s Happy Day paper pad for the panel at the bottom of the card. I wrapped and knotted a piece of reversible pink and green satin ribbon around the panel, then attached the focal image panel, sliding the patterned paper panel between the image’s two mats. The set’s “happy day” sentiment is attached at the bottom of the patterned paper panel and accented with a trio of tiny pink crystals.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Big Birthday Wishes stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock medium weight white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R35, R81, R83, R85, RV00, E25, E31, E33), Ranger Glossy Accents, SEI Happy Day designer paper, May Arts reversible pink/green satin ribbon, Spellbinders circle and big scalloped circle Nestabilities, Zva Creative pink self-adhesive crystals

other: Pear Parfait cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink)


While I had my OCL stamps out, I made this quick card based on this week’s lesson from the Paper Craft Planet Clean and Simple Cards group. The lesson’s focus was creating a card with just one embellishment.

Here, I used the “you’re da bomb” sentiment and matching image from the Big Thanks set, both stamped in black. I used a marker to ink up the fuse at the end of the bomb and added a tiny crystal to the center. The crystal was colored with a Copic marker.

The image panel is centered on a carefully cut square of patterned paper. I made sure to get a nice, even square of pattern so the panel would be centered nicely between a border of circles. The panel is layered on an orange card base. Quick and fun!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Big Thanks stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic marker (YR16), My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane "My Friend" Bonded designer paper, Zva Creative self-adhesive crystal dot

other: white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips