Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Is Where the Heart Is

Here's my card for this week's Hip Hop sketch challenge. Having just gotten home from Chicago, it seemed only appropriate to use the home image from Unity's July Kit of the Month for my simple card. Since I returned very early Saturday morning, I've spent most of my time at home, unpacking, doing laundry, and hanging out with Chloe the cutie puppy right by my side. What I didn't do was go to the grocery store--which I really need to do since I emptied most of the contents of my refrigerator and freezer before leaving for Chicago due to an extended power outage . . .

Anyway, on to the card. The house image/sentiment combo is the focal image. It's stamped in black ink on white cardstock and carefully cut out, leaving a tiny white border around the image. I colored the heart with a red marker, then added some Stickles for some sparkle and pop. The house is layered on a big red felt heart.

The rest of the card is very simple. I used a patterned paper with hearts scattered throughout it to bring in more of that element. Some faux stitching and a red knotted ribbon and the card was complete.

Materials Used:
July Kit of the Month--Happily Ever After (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); marker (Copic); Real Red, Pink Pirouette, and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simple Valentine patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); heart die (Spellbinders); red ribbon (Michaels); white pen, Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger); red felt; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips