Friday, August 6, 2010

King of the Wild Things

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was to use paper piecing on your project. I paper pieced the fun King of the Wild Things image for a perfect card for a little boy.

Part of the image is colored with Copic markers and the rest of it is paper pieced with some My Mind’s Eye paper with a green circle pattern. I used the reverse side of the paper to piece the dino’s belly to add a little variation. The dino image is set in a simple scene with a kraft paper sandy base and some felt clouds in the sky.

I layered the image panel on an earthy colored striped panel made from the reverse side of the paper I used on the dinosaur image. I tied a piece of brown ribbon around the panel, accented with a wooden button. The sentiment panel is slipped beneath the bottom edge of the ribbon.

Materials Used:
King of the Wild Things image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); So Sophie Charming "Living Proof" Pleasant Stripe designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Fresh Snow ink, Simply Chartreuse cardstock, wood button, white felt, cloud die, twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape


2 comments:

  1. Love your card Lori! That Dino boy is sooo cute, and you've created a great scene!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips