Saturday, August 7, 2010

On My Mind

Here's my card for last week's Viva la Verve sketch and inspiration challenge. This month's inspiration room is the bedroom. I was inspired by the black, white and red and the patterns in one of the inspiration photos.

I stamped one of the sentiments from Verve's Always on My Mind set in black ink on a white panel, leaving room on the right side of the panel to stamp one of the set's dangling flower images. I extended the image with a marker so it would reach the top of the panel, then colored the flower with a red marker. I added a tiny rhinestone to the center for a little sparkle.

The rest of the card is very simple to let the image stand out. I layered it on a black mat, then used foam tape to attach it to the large red panel, embellished with a red satin ribbon. I attached two ribbon tabs made from the same ribbon to the panel before attaching it to the black and white paper that covers the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Always on My Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Papertrey Ink); red satin ribbon (Michaels); Tiny Twinkle (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips