Friday, August 27, 2010

Little Peep Birthday

***Scroll down to the post below for my Blogger Challeng/Friends with Flair post.***

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was a free-for-all one. I ended up using one of my newest Stamping Bella images, one of the adorable Little Peeps.

The Little Peep's Birthday Cake image is stamped in black ink, then colored with Copic markers. I went with very girlie pinks and reds for both the cake and the girl’s dress. The polka dots on the dress are added in with a white gel pen. I used Stickles on the candle flames and some clear crystals at the flower centers to add some sparkle to the image.

The sparkle on the image goes perfectly with the sparkly striped paper I used for the panel at the bottom of the card. I added a decorative strip along the bottom of the panel to add interest. The “happy birthday” sentiment is set on this panel, accented with a matching button.

Materials Used:
Little Peep's Birthday Cake image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Berry Sorbet cardstock, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon, Berry Sorbet button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin’ Up!) All About Girls matstack (DCWV); circle dies (Spellbinders); open scallop border die (My Favorite Things); clear crystals stickers (Offray); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); Bow Easy

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips