Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A New Pair of Shoes

Here’s my card for the final round of the SCS clean and simple challenge fall design team search. The theme was “couples.” I’ve had the Stampin’ Up! set Humor in High Heels in my collection for a while now and it was just perfect for the challenge.

I stamped the pair of shoes on a white panel and colored them in bold shades of red. A tiny crystal is at the center of the bow on each shoe. I set the colored image on a black mat, then on a red panel. The set’s Cinderella sentiment is stamped in black directly on the red panel. I like the contrast of the delicate font against the deep red. I ran a piece of black ribbon underneath the sentiment to draw attention to it and added a pair of sparkly clear gems as an accent. Clean and simple and quick!

Materials Used:
Humor in High Heels stamp set, Cherry Cobbler and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic); circle dies (Nestabilities); black grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); clear crystals-large (Darice); Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips