Thursday, September 16, 2010

Believe in You Birthday

Here’s my card for this week’s There She Goes challenge. My card’s based on the great sketch provided for the challenge.

I used an image from the Believe set along with a sentiment from the Special Delivery set to make a birthday card. I stamped the little girl writing image on a white oval and colored the image with Copic markers. I thought that maybe she could be writing a birthday message . . .

I used two different patterned papers from DCWV’s Summer Dream matstack for the panels on the cardfront. The image is colored to coordinate with the papers, even down to the striped leggings the girl’s wearing under her dress. A pair of satin ribbon strips run across the card. The top ribbon strip is decorated with a button-embellished bow. I have a feeling I'll use this fun sketch again.

Materials Used:
Believe in You and Special Delivery stamp sets (There She Goes); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Sweet Blush and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Hawaiian Shores satin ribbon, Hawaiian Shores button, twine (Papertrey Ink); oval dies (Spellbinders); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips