Friday, October 15, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 173/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge is a color challenge—black and white with a pop of orange. I made a fun Halloween card using Unity’s Hauntingly Sweet set.

I stamped the tree image in black ink on a shimmery white panel, then colored in the pumpkins with Spica glitter pens for more shimmer. To keep the focus on the tree, I kept the rest of the card simple. I added a spider web border punched strip along the left edge of the card and ran a piece of orange ribbon along the edge of the webbed piece. The sentiment panel is a round tag, attached with a piece of twine that's threaded through the bow.

For more projects using these colors you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, for more Unity inspiration, visit the list of Friends with Flair players on the Unity blog.

Materials Used:
Hauntingly Sweet stamp set (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Pumpkin Pie, Shimmery White, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); orange and gold Spica pens (Copic); Spider Web border punch (Martha Stewart); circle punches (EK Success); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); twine (Papertrey Ink)

35 comments:

  1. What a wonderful halloween tree!! Pretty! and I like the black spiderweb a lot!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this happy Halloween card! so often, Halloween cards are spooky and foreboding and I don't enjoy them. This is a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the border punch and the tag. So very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, love how you used the spiderweb punch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the spider border you punched! Adorable! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you decorated the tree and the bow is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo, love this tree! looks great here, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Halloween tree is so cool. I love the spiderweb border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Tammi...Halloween cards are not my favorite. You made something fun and cute--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the spider web border and the stamp you used! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute and I love the spider punch on the border. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! That Halloween tree image is darling and the spiderweb punch is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love how you used the spider web border punch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic! Love the border and the image is darling! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super sweet Halloween card! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo cute!! I love the Candy Corn tree!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute Halloween card! Love the use of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that web border! Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lori.. I think your Halloween card is SPOOKTACULAR!!! love the web border... its FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lori.. I think your Halloween card is SPOOKTACULAR!!! love the web border... its FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Halloween tree! It's so cute along with the spiderweb border. Really cute card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg...that card is adorable....Love the border punch!!! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Clean and simple. Love all the elements!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my favorite card from the BC group this week. The image is darling and I love all those details on the left side of the card - ribbon, tag, twine, black.... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! I love the tag hanging from the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute Lori! Love the spider webs coming down the side! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Unique and different...the stamp is to die for...and love the webb border die cut...All around perfect card.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute card- love the border punch and the ribbon with the tag. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice--you did a great job! Best, N

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooohhh! Your Halloween tree is adorable Lori! I really love your stamping style. Great choice of colors for this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the design of the card!! I also love the image you used!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips