Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Haunting

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge. This week’s challenge was a sketch and I have to admit that this card is actually my second attempt at the sketch. I finished the first one and really didn’t like it. I slept on it for a day or two, thinking about how I could “fix” it and ended up lifting off the image panel and replacing it with this one from the Trick or Treat with Who's That Girl set. Much better, or at least better enough to share . . .

I colored the little scene with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the Echo Park Halloween papers I used on the card. The completed image is layered on a black mat, then on an olive panel.

I stamped the “happy haunting” sentiment along the side of the panel and accented it with two orange brads. The panel is set on the cardfront using a bunch of foam tape to set it apart from the busy patterns on the card.

Materials Used:
Trick or Treat with Who's That Girl stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Happy Halloween designer papers (Echo Park); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); orange brads (Making Memories); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Lori! I love the way you did the sentiment with the brads! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this image! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips