Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Simple Thanks

Here’s my card for this week’s Hip Hop sketch challenge. As soon as I saw the sketch, falling leaves came to mind, so I tried to capture that on my card.

I used the maple leaf image from the August Stampin’ Store kit. The leaf is stamped three times in brown ink on a kraft panel. I used a sponge to ink around the edges of the panel, too. I wrapped a piece of brown burlap rope around the panel a few times, securing it with a corduroy brad.

The sentiment is stamped on a cream panel. I added some paper piercing beneath it, then layered it on a brown mat before attaching it to the panel with foam tape.

Materials Used
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. August Stampin’ Store Kit--Harvest of Memories, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, May Arts tan/dark natural rope twisted burlap, Zva Creative brown corduroy brad

other: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori,

    This card is very, very pretty! Love the natural colors and those leafs are sooo pretty!!!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips