Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let It Snow

I can’t resist a cute bunny image and this adorable one from Lawn Fawn is no exception. It arrived at my house along with Lawn Fawn’s new Hanukkah set (I’m always thrilled when a stamp company includes Jewish images in its holiday releases) and I had to try it out, so I created this fun card based on Mercy’s latest sketch challenge.

I made a simple, almost ATC sized scene featuring the little guy. I stamped the image on a scrap of white cardstock, colored it, and carefully cut it out so it could be attached to the background that I made from a blue panel with torn strips of shimmery white cardstock along the bottom. I stamped the “let it snow” sentiment from the Frosties set in black ink at the bottom of the panel.

The snowflakes are stamped in Encore Silver ink on the back side of a piece of acetate. The Encore ink is super slow to dry and because of that, I always seem to smear it. The acetate let me use the ink without worrying about that. I used glue dots at the center of some of the more solid image flakes to secure the acetate to the image panel.

The rest of the card is very simple. I used a snowflake border punch and some red satin ribbon as my embellishments and kept to a simple red and blue color scheme.

Materials Used:
Winter Bunny and Frosties stamp sets (Lawn Fawn); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Silver ink (Encore); markers (Copic); Real Red, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Flower Shower matstack (DCWV); red satin ribbon (Michaels); Snowflake border punch (EK Success); acetate

1 comment:

  1. Awww...what a darling card! Love that snowflake border punch! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips