Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Still in September

I got my September Kit of the Month from Unity last week, so I spent some time over the weekend getting it inky for a few Unity challenges.

The first one is for this week’s Unity Addicts Challenge from Maria to make a masculine birthday card that includes a chipboard/cardboard/grungeboard element. I had some fun textured grungeboard that I hadn’t used yet, so I put it to work here as a star element for my card.

I started by using the argyle image from the August kit to create some patterned paper for the bottom of the card. I stamped the image in green ink on green paper, then ran my ink pad along the edges of the stamped panel for a slightly distressed look. The panel is set on a kraft card base with a narrow navy strip along the bottom and a natural twill strip across the top.

I stamped the “for you” sentiment on a small manila tag, then sponged some brown ink on the tag to soften the manila color. I removed the tag’s twine tie and threaded a piece of twill through the tag, using the discarded twine to secure the ends of the twill. The tag is layered over a blue circle and on to the cardfront. I brushed the grungeboard star with green ink, then attached the element to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
August and September Kits of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, and Creamy Caramel inks, Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Spring Moss ink (Papertrey Ink); circle and star dies (Spellbinders); twill (Martha Stewart); grungeboard (Ranger); copper brad (Making Memories); shipping tag (Staples)


This one is for this week’s Hip Hop sketch challenge (plus one of Unity’s World Card Making Day challenges, too). I used the pretty bordered snowflake image as the focal image on a holiday card with a non-traditional color scheme.

The snowflake was stamped in cream pigment ink, then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder for a pretty shimmer. I inked the edges of the kraft panel with brown ink, then added a rhinestone at the snowflake’s center for extra sparkle.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used patterned papers from a DCWV holiday paper stack along with coordinating solids to follow the sketch. A pretty cream satin bow finished off the card.

Materials Used:
September Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Pacific Point and Crumb Cake cardstock, Iridescent Ice embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); Vintage Cream ink (Papertrey Ink); The Holiday Collection: Winter Matstack (DCWV); satin ribbon (Michaels); clear self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips