Friday, November 19, 2010

No Bunny Like You

Here’s my card for this week’s TCP Tuesday inspiration challenge. I love the inspiration piece—a modern style chair with a funky pattern that would work perfectly in my own house. It took me several tries to come up with this card based on the inspiration piece along with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

I used the skating bunny image from Skating Bunny as my focal image. The bunny is colored with Copic markers. I used a silver gel pen to fill in the skate blades for a metallic look. A sparkly acetate snowflake with a clear crystal center fills in the open space in the bottom right corner of the image panel.

Taking a cue from the some of the colors and the repeated circle pattern in the inspiration photo, I used a dotted paper from KaiserCraft's Christmas Carnival collection for the panel along the left side of the card. The paper panel is matted on a pale green mat. I used a dotted green paper, matted with the same pale green, for the panel that’s underneath the bunny image. The set’s “there’s no bunny like you” sentiment is attached to the top left corner of the image panel. A matching ribbon tab completed the card.

I've been working away on samples for the upcoming TCP release next week. I'm so excited to be joining the Cat Pack as a guest designer. Be sure to stop by here next week to see the fabulous new stamp sets (and dies)!

Materials Used:
Skating Bunny stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Spring Moss cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Christmas Carnival 6x6 designer paper pad (KaiserCraft); circle punches (EK Success); acetate snowflake (Me and My Big Ideas); clear crystal (Studio 18); silver gel pen; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable. LOVES the colors and the paper choice. Such a FUN card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lori. Can't wait to see what you created for your guest DT spot! I know you will totally rock it out ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips