Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Peace

Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. I went for a clean and simple look on this soft and peaceful holiday card using images from Papertrey Ink’s Peace Be Still set.

I started by making my own patterned paper on the light blue panel. I arranged three of the set’s snowflake images on my clear block and stamped away in silver ink. This made it quick and easy to cover the panel with a wintery pattern. I layered the panel on a darker blue card base, then added a matching blue panel, edged with even deeper blue strips, across the cardfront.

The focal image panel came together quickly. I used the coordinating dove die to cut a white felt dove. I added a tiny crystal as an eye. The dove is attached to a light blue circle. The set’s “peace” sentiment is stamped beneath it in dark blue ink. I added an elegant satin bow beneath the sentiment to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Peace Be Still stamp set, Enchanted Evening ink, Enchanted Evening and Blueberry Sky cardstock, Blueberry Sky satin ribbon, dove die (Papertrey Ink); silver ink (Encore); Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); crystal (Studio 18); circle dies (Spellbinders); white felt; Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips