Thursday, November 11, 2010

Savor the Moment

I combined Mercy’s sketch challenge with this week’s Color Throwdown colors for this warm and toasty feeling card. I used one of my favorite sets from Clear and Simple Stamps, Cup of Cocoa. It’s a great set to pull out this time of year when a chill is starting to settle in. We've had a stretch of pretty warm for fall weather this week, but I know it won't be long before I'm ready for a cup of cocoa of my own!

I stamped the mug image on a cream panel, then colored it with Copic markers. These are much deeper, darker reds than I usually color with, so it took me a while to get the color like I wanted it to look. I curved one of the set’s sentiments on my clear block to match the curve of the round panel, then stamped it along the panel’s edge.

I used a strip of October Afternoon’s Good Cheer designer paper along the left side of the card. It’s matted on a Cherry Cobbler panel, then set on the kraft card base. I ran a strip of deep red grosgrain ribbon with a notched edge across the card and added a brown button to the “straight” edge. The image panel was layered on a Soft Suede panel, then attached to the card base. Warm and toasty--and perfect for presenting with a coffee shop gift card as a holiday gift!

Materials Used:
Cup of Cocoa stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar and On the Catwalk Cream cardstock, Dish All the Dirt Brown button (Clear and Simple Stamps); markers (Copic-R37, R39, R59, E34, E57, E59, W00, W-1); Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Good Cheer designer paper (October Afternoon); circle dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas)

For more Clear and Simple Stamps inspiration today and every day, be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone app. I have a fall-themed card featured there today. You can find all the details and download the app here.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty, rich & elegant. I almost pulled this set out yesterday to use on today's BC challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very warm and welcoming card, Lori! Goes perfectly with my gingerbread!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips