Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sledding Bunny Saturday Sketch

Happy Saturday! It’s my turn to bring you Paper Craft Planet’s Saturday sketch challenge. I’ve got another clean and simple design to share. This one can use either an image or a sentiment as the focal image depending on what you’d like to do.

I used the sketch to make a wintery holiday card using some images from Lawn Fawn. I just love this cute sledding bunny! I stamped the image on a scrap of white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out. I set it aside while I put together a simple snowy scene to serve as a background. I tore some strips of shimmery white paper to put at the bottom of a soft blue panel, then stamped the bunny image over my scene. The bunny is attached with some foam tape. A little glitter on the torn paper edges makes it super sparkly.

The scene is layered on a red and white striped panel. I used a corner rounder on the two right side corners to match the shape of my image panel. A blue felt snowflake with a button center sits at the top right corner to complete the card.

I have another sample using this same sketch posted here in case you need some more inspiration to get you started. If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk111310 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
Winter Bunny and Frosties stamp sets (Lawn Fawn); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Riding Hood Red, and Shimmery White cardstock, felt snowflake, Dazzling Diamonds, corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!); Good Cheer designer paper (October Afternoon); button, baker’s twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips