Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankful Tree

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I loved this fall card--the buttons on the tree limbs really caught my eye. I recreated it using the tree image from Papertrey Ink's Merry Little Christmas set, some buttons, and the color combination from this week's Color Throwdown challenge.

The tree is stamped in Crumb Cake ink on a Crumb Cake panel. I used some red and orange buttons, knotted with a bit of linen thread to fill in the tree limbs. They're attached with glue dots--quick and easy.

I knotted a piece of orange twill around the bottom of the card for a pop of color. The "give thanks" sentiment from Fillable Frames #8 is stamped in Crumb Cake ink just above the twill. I put foam tape on the back of the card and layered it on a Marina Mist card base. The blue is a nice contrast to the more earthy colors on the rest of the card.

I'm off to enjoy the fall weather with a romp at the dog park for Chloe the cutie puppy. Now that it will be getting dark earlier, I've got to make sure to take advantage of the days when I'm home in the afternoon to get her to the dog park for a run. She really loves playing with the other dogs and it's a lot of fun to watch her bouncing along in the park.

Materials Used:
Merry Little Christmas and Fillable Frames #8 stamp sets, Orange Zest and Pure Poppy buttons, Orange Zest twill (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake Classic ink, Crumb Cake and Marina Mist cardstock (Stampin' Up!); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, this is FABULOUS! No one does clean and simple as perfectly as you! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the buttons! And the fab colours. Gorgeous clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! Love the buttons on the tree!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips