Sunday, December 5, 2010

Beary Happy Holidays

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I picked this wintery card with a cute bear image from a fairly recent challenge gallery to put my own spin on. I used a bear and a similar background in my version, but switched up the colors and the card's orientation to make it my own.

For my version, I used the new Big Bear set from The Cat's Pajamas. The bear is just too cute! I stamped him on white cardstock and highlighted him just a bit with Copic markers, then cut him out. He's set on a shimmery white panel, embossed with snowflakes for a winter look. Some teeny, tiny blue crystals are randomly attached to the centers of some of the snowflakes to add a little color and sparkle.

I used a strip of ribbon with a notched edge for the set's seasonal sentiment. The sentiment's stamped right on the ribbon, then slipped underneath the image panel.

Materials Used:
Big Bear stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); blue grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); blue crystals (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips