Monday, December 6, 2010

HB2U

As promised, even though I'm not on the SCS clean and simple challenge design team any more, I'm still taking on the challenges. Here's my card for this week's challenge to use bows. The card came together very quickly and ended up with no stamped elements, which is unusual for me.

I went non-holiday and super girlie for a fun change. I made a big gift box from some glittery striped patterned paper. I cut two pieces for the box--one for the bottom and a slightly wider piece for the box top. Strips of pink grosgrain ribbon are wrapped around the middle of each of the box pieces. The lid is attached with foam tape so it will stand out a little from the box, just like on a real box. The box is topped with a matching pink bow with a button-embellished center.

I thought about stamping a sentiment, but in the end went a different route. I used some bright pink Thickers for the happy birthday sentiment. This is the first time I've used the happy birthday abbreviation "hb2u" on any of my projects. It just seemed to fit here. I think this one might be fun for a teenaged girl.

Materials Used:
Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Party Time designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Hibiscus Burst grosgrain ribbon, Hibiscus Burst button (Papertrey Ink); Thickers (American Crafts); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips