Monday, December 20, 2010

Damask Birthday

I'm not a big damask fan--in fact, it's something I almost never use in my designs. But, I managed to incorporate some damask for my prjoect for today's SCS clean and simple challenge to create a card based on an inspiration piece featuring tiered apron with a damask pattern.

I used one of the large icons from the Giga Guide Lines set from Papertrey Ink to fashion a simple medallion-style focal image. The image is stamped in white on a pale green panel and dressed up with a pearl at the center. I crimped an eyelet lace border punched strip and twisted and wrapped it around the image panel, securing it with lots of adhesive.

I found some damask patterned paper in a My Mind's Eye paper pad for the panel at the bottom half of the cardfront. The medallion piecer is attached at the top of the paper with a strip of ribbon extending from underneath it. While the style of the Giga Guide Lines sentiments looks great with the image and patterned paper, its scale was too much for my design. Instead, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from Enjoy the Ride in white ink and heat embossed it to help it stand out against the pattern.

Materials Used:
Giga Guide Lines and Enjoy the Ride stamp sets, Fresh Snow ink, Spring Moss and Ocean Tides cardstock, Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Eyelet Lace border punch, Winter White embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Bloom & Grow designer paper (My Mind's Eye); crimper (Fiskars); circle punch (EK Success); pearl (Queen & Co.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips