Monday, December 20, 2010

A Star Is Born

Here’s a sweet baby card using Icons I, December’s Stamp of the Month from Clear and Simple Stamps. You still have a little more time to use this month’s discount code, CSS1210, for a $1 discount on your purchase of this versatile set.

This card uses the set’s star image as the focal point. I stamped it three times in yellow ink on a white panel. I stamped it again on scraps of white, this time cutting out the star part. The stars were put through my Big Shot to emboss them with a dotted pattern, then attached to the stamped images with foam tape.

I used dotted paper on the cardfront to match the dots on the stars. I went for a gender neutral theme on my card, using shades of greens and yellow. A strip of CSS’s Green with Envy satin ribbon is knotted around the patterned paper panel, secured with a button tied with some baker’s twine. I stamped the “a star is born” sentiment from the coordinating Icons Extras set to complete the card.

For more Clear and Simple Stamps inspiration on a daily basis, be sure to visit the CSS iPhone app. You can find all the info on the app right here. And, here’s a sneak peek at the project you’ll find there today—created by me!

Materials Used:
Icons I and Icons Extras stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Green with Envy and A Blanc Check cardstock, Green with Envy satin ribbon, button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Barely Banana Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); Nana’s Nursery designer paper (DCWV); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); baker’s twine (Timeless Twine); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips