Tuesday, December 21, 2010

IHP DT Challenge-Fun with Fashion

This month’s i {heart} papers design team challenge is all about fashion and using it as inspiration. I took my inspiration not from something specific, but from my idea of what you’d see at a festive party during the holiday season—bright, bold colors, shiny fabrics and accents, and elegant jewels.

I incorporated these elements into my design for a table centerpiece crafted from an inexpensive wine glass I picked up at a craft store. My plan was to turn it in to an elegant candleholder that would look lovely as a decorative piece or even as a place card holder.

I started by attaching white pearl lines around the rim of the glass. Since these already have an adhesive backing, this was very easy to do. Under the pearls, I used redline tape to attach a piece of pleated red satin ribbon. To dress up the base, I used a scalloped oval die to cut a piece from a red foil sheet. This is set underneath the wine class for a pretty, shiny look.

I made a little tag to add to the stem of the glass. This could be used for a person’s name instead if you wanted to use this for a place card. Here, I stamped a snowflake from the Hero Arts Get Merry! set in silver ink and added a sentiment in red ink. A single pearl is at the snowflake's center to tie it in to the look of the glass. A piece of silver ribbon secures the tag to the stem.

Be sure to visit the rest of the IHP DT to see what they’ve created for this challenge. Here’s where to find them:


Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Maya Road pleated red satin trim, Zva Creative self-adhesive white pearl lines, i {stick} papers redline tape, Hero Arts Get Merry! stamp set, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies and red foil sheet, May Arts sheer metallic silver ribbon

other: Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); silver ink (Encore)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful way to dress up a wine glass and WHO doesn't love to burn votive lights on a cold winter's evening.

    Love your flirty pleated trim around the top with the elegant pearls. Awesome job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the simplicity with the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, that project is fabulous!!! And pearls are always perfectly in fashion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Lori! It is the perfect simple centerpiece for a holiday table!

    Makes me smile because of the pearls, too...I had a beautiful, expensive strand that was lost for six YEARS, and I found them a couple of weeks ago! Yay!

    Holiday blessings, girlfriend! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project, your wine glass looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh...how pretty! Great project.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips