Thursday, December 30, 2010

Little Bitty Bird Birthday

At my office, we celebrate birthdays by choosing a "birthday buddy" and bringing in a special treat on our buddy's birthday. My buddy's birthday is coming up next week, so I made a sweet card to go along with the sweet treat I'm bringing in to work--cinnamon buns (one of the few things I can make that generally turns out edible . . .).

I loved the color combination from this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge and I thought the colors would work perfectly with the images in Papertrey Ink's new Little Bitty Bird set. I stamped the branch in dark brown ink and colored the leaves in with green marker. I cut the largest bird from a piece of felt then stamped the outline image directly on the felt. To get some more dimension, I stamped the bird a second time on a felt scrap and cut out just the wing portion and attached that to the felt bird. The eye is a teeny tiny crystal. To fill in some of the white space at the top of the circle, I added a die cut felt cloud. It's machine stitched to add some texture. I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment underneath the branch in green ink to finish the little scene.

The rest of the card is fairly simple. I used a piece of dotted paper at the bottom of the green card base. A strip of dark brown ribbon runs across the top of the patterned paper, extending slightly beyond the edge of the card. I attached the image panel to an Early Espresso mat to set it off, then attached it to the Pear Pizzazz cardfront, overlapping both the ribbon and the patterned paper. I finished the design with a green button with a matching green baker's twine bow.

Materials Used:
Little Bitty Bird stamp set, Spring Moss and Dark Chocolate ink, Happy Spots patterned paper, bird and cloud dies, Ocean Tides felt, Simply Chartreuse button (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Pear Pizzazz and Early Espresso cardstock (Stampin' Up!); marker (Copic); circle dies (Spellbinders); brown grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); clear crystal (Imaginisce); baker's twine (Timeless Twine); white felt; sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, this is a super super adorable card. you did a fabulous job. i just LOVE that PTI set and dies, there's alot you can do with it!! LOVE the scene you created with the set. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, this is soooo cute!! I just inked up this set a couple of days ago, those little birds are so cute! I love how you used it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I need to get that set inky!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips