Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. The big felt snowflake and blue and brown color scheme on this card caught my eye. I kept those elements in my own version, but made some changes to fit the supplies I had on hand.

Instead of a felt snowflake, I used a big, sparkly one made from a piece of blue glitter paper. I used a large snowflake punch to cut out my shape. I added a pearl to the center, but it seemed a little lost on the big flake, so I added a white snowflake-shaped button, then the pearl. Much better!

I kept with the original card's blue and brown color scheme, but switched up the patterned papers. For my version, I used two different patterns from Echo Park's Wintertime Collection Kit on the cardfront. The snowflake is attached to the upper left corner of a brown, blue, and white patterned piece. A dotted piece covers most of the cardfront. I stamped the "happy holidays" sentiment from the Hero Arts Get Merry! set in brown ink on an oval panel. The edges are inked with a little blue for some contrast.

Materials Used:

other: Baja Breeze and Early Espresso cardstock (Stampin' Up!); snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida); snowflake button (Blumenthal Lansing); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips