Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Wishes

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to make a holiday card featuring a Pure Innocence stamp. I created a simple holiday card in a warm, seasonal color scheme.

I started with the little girl from Presents for You as my focal image. The girl is colored with Copic markers in festive colors. I added some looped ribbon at the top of the image panel and extended the ribbon past the bottom edge, ending it with a notched edge for interest.

The image panel is layered over panels made from a piece of patterned paper from Echo Park's Merry Christmas line. I used both sides of the paper here, choosing the less busy snowflake print to cover most of the cardfront and the more colorful dots and snowflake pattern for the smaller panel beneath the image panel. I debated adding some small snowflake buttons to the right of the image as an accent, but in the end, decided to leave the card as is.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Presents for You stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); markers (Copic); Fine Linen cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Holly Jolly designer paper (Merry Christmas Collection Kit-Echo Park); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. Lori, this is really cute. I like how you worked with this patterned paper and the PI image is great.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips