Friday, December 31, 2010

Keep Me in Your Heart

Here's a pretty simple card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I went with a Valentine's Day theme using Verve's Hundred Hearts set--love the quotes in this set!

I stamped the Winnie the Pooh quote in red ink on a cream panel for the focal image. Behind it, I layered four patterned paper panels, matted first on individual pink squares, then on a large red one. I've had this paper in my stash for a long time--I figured it was about time I cut in to it. The edges of the panel are stitched to pull all the layers together. Once that was done, I set the panel on a pink card base and added the sentiment. A bright red felt heart, dressed up with a small pink button, fit perfectly at the edge of the sentiment panel.

I'm off this morning to get an estimate on repairs to my car from a recent accident, then to get a haircut. Good way to end the year and start the new one!

Materials Used:
Hundred Hearts (Verve Stamps); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Cinnamon Stick designer paper (Chatterbox); heart die (Spellbinders); Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips