Saturday, December 11, 2010

Love and Kisses and Holiday Wishes

I played with some of my Unity Kits of the Month for a pair of holiday themed challenges. I love the variety of images in these kits--they're great for so many purposes.

Here's my card for this week's Hip Hop sketch challenge. It took me a while to find a good, small image to use for the trio of square panels that run across the card. Once I settled on these hearts from the August 2010 kit, the card came together pretty quickly.

The hearts are stamped on white squares with red ink. I stamped the hearts a second time on scraps, cut them out and attached them to the panels with foam tape for some dimension. Each square is matted on a red square and then layered on the cardfront. I wrapped some red baker's twine around the card and tied the ends in a bow at the front of the card.

To match the heart images, I used a scallop punch with tiny hearts in each scallop to make the three strips that run across the card. I stitched each strip in place to add some interest. The kit's "love and kisses" sentiment is stamped above and below the hearts.

Materials Used:
{all you need . . . } August 2010 Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Madly in Love designer paper (DCWV); scallop heart punch (Martha Stewart); baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; foam tape

And, this little project is for this week's Unity Addicts challenge to make a tag. I used a Spellbinders label die cut to make a fun shaped tag that I attached to a yummy-looking chocolate mint candy cane (yes, chocolate mint--a Hershey's brand I found at Target).

I cut the tag shape using a Labels 9 die. A piece of Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly designer paper is attached to the bottom half of the tag. I did some faux stitching around the patterned paper, then inked the edges of the tag with distress ink.

The "heartfelt holiday wishes" sentiment is stamped in red on the top half of the tag. I added a small red felt heart, accented with a snowflake button. The baker's twine wouldn't fit through the super tiny holes in the button, so I improvised and wrapped it around the button instead--worked just fine and was much less frustrating than forcing the twine through the holes. I used some white grosgrain ribbon and a button threaded with more twine to secure the tag to the candy cane.

Materials Used:
{picture perfect . . .} November 2010 Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Crumb Cake cardstock, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Tea Dye Distress Ink, white pen (Ranger); Jolly By Golly designer paper (Cosmo Cricket); heart and Labels 9 dies (Spellbinders); red button (Michaels); snowflake button (Blumenthal Lansing); baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); ScorTape

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori,

    I love this love card!! Perfect in the different shades of pink, love that! And such wonderful hearts! Your tag is a beauty as well, love the paper!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips