Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Manly Warm Wishes

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to use manly colors. I don’t have any masculine KK stamps other than Willard, so he’s making another appearance this week. I paired him with this week’s Sweet Sunday sketch challenge and some earthy colors.

Willard is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the argyle print paper I used for the strip that runs down the length of the cardfront. I liked how the pattern kind of replicated the one on Willard’s sweater.

The patterned paper strip is dressed up with a piece of natural colored twill at the center and a fun pinked edge strip along the side. I machine stitched the edge to add some interest, then layered everything on a kraft card base. The “warm wishes” sentiment is added on using a small circle panel and a bit of foam tape.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Willard image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock), Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Fine and Dandy-True Blue paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Inside Pinking border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); twill (Wrights); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape; sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. This is just a lovely card, I love to see all the different ways people are using Willard. I love the colours you have used. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips