Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Super Bowl Star

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. My best friend’s son plays on a football team and they just won their league’s Super Bowl over the weekend, so I made a fun football themed card to congratulate him using OCL’s Football All Star set.

I stamped the block sentiment image repeatedly on white cardstock using Rich Cocoa ink. The brown looked too stark against the white background, so to dirty it up a bit, I rubbed some ink around the edges. The stamped panel is layered on a rust panel and wrapped with some thick dark brown twine that’s knotted at the front. I left off the dangling element that's shown in the sketch for a more masculine look.

The top portion of the card is covered with a piece of striped paper from the Max & Whiskers collection. I machine stitched around the edges to bring in a little more white. The pieces are layered on a dark brown panel, then on a mustard card base. I added some chipboard letter stickers spelling out the champ’s name to finish it off.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Football All Star stamp set, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Basic Grey Max & Whiskers paper pad, May Arts brown rope twisted burlap

other: white Copic blending cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Dusty Durango, More Mustard, and Early Espresso cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); brown Rocketeer Thickers (American Crafts); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! Love the card and the colors! Jake is going to be so excited--until I steal it from him! LOL

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips