Saturday, December 18, 2010

Unity Duo

Here are two quick cards for a pair of Unity challenges. I used images from some of my recent Kits of the Month to pull these together.

This one is for this week's Unity Addicts challenge. It's super simple and inspired by a red mug with the word "merry" in a bold, white print.

I started with a deep red panel and stamped a holiday sentiment that includes the word "merry" near the bottom right side of the panel in white pigment ink. The words were covered with embossing powder and heat embossed for a bold pop.

I accented the words with a big snowflake button. I dressed up the button with another button at the center, tied with some red and white baker's twine. The red panel is layered on a white card base. It was hard, but I resisted adding anything else to the mix.

Materials Used:
November Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Fresh Snow ink, Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Winter White embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); snowflake button (Blumenthal Lansing); baker's twine (The Twinery)

And, this one is for this week's Hip Hop sketch challenge. I used the "love and kisses" sentiment pair from August's Kit of the Month for the focal panel. The words are stamped in red ink on a white panel. I added a red felt heart as an accent, along with a red button.

The stamped panel is layered on a big scalloped circle, then on a pink paper with a repeating open heart pattern. I layered the panel on a red mat, then wrapped a piece of red satin ribbon around the card, knotting it underneath the words. The assembled panel is layered on a white card base.

My December kit arrived in the mail this afternoon. Can't wait to ink it up!

Materials Used:
August Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crush 6 x6 patterned paper pad (BoBunny); circle and big scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); heart die (My Favorite Things); red satin ribbon (Target); Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); red felt

1 comment:

  1. Great cards! I haven't made a Valentine one yet, but being so close to Christmas it's only a matter of time! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips