Saturday, December 25, 2010

Peace, Love, and Joy

On the day when many are celebrating the holiday season with family and friends, I thought it would be appropriate to share the card I made to send to my family and friends for the holidays. So that they were both easy to mass produce and easy to mail, I kept the card's design clean and simple.

I used a die cut felt dove as my focal image. The dove is cut from white felt and has a tiny blue crystal eye. I stamped the "peace love joy" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frames #8 set in blue ink on a pale blue grosgrain ribbon strip, then cut a notch at one end to add interest.

For the background behind the dove, I embossed a piece of shimmery silver paper with a snowflake pattern. Everything is set on a blue card base. I was able to complete about 60 of these in about 4 hours--not too bad!

Materials Used:
Fillable Frames #8 stamp set, Enchanted Evening ink, Blueberry Sky cardstock, dove die from Peace Be Still collection (Papertrey Ink); blue crystal, silver paper (Recollections); snowflake embossing folder (QuicKutz); ScorTape

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, Lori! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips