Friday, December 17, 2010

Polka Dot Dream

Here’s my card for this week’s There She Goes challenge to use your stash. I combined the challenge with this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges sketch.

This sketch is the kind that really challenges me. The thought of having to figure out the right size and spacing for all of those small boxes make me want to run the other way—LOL! I stuck with it and, with the help of some scrap paper, figured out how to get the panels to work okay.

I used some dotted paper from DCWV’s Nana’s Nursery-Baby Boy paper pack that I’ve had in my collection for a very long time for all of those little panels. Each dotted piece is layered on a lavender mat, then attached to the plum card base. I attached a strip of pale purple seam binding to the long panel and dressed it up with a matching bow with a button center.

I used the cute little lamb image from TSG’s Polka Dot Pals set for the focal image. I stamped the outline in black, then filled it in with the dotted pattern in purple. The image is stamped first in plum, then stamped over in white to soften the color. I stamped the “dream” sentiment along the edge of the panel and added three clear crystals as an accent.

Materials Used:
Polka Dot Pals stamp set (There She Goes); Perfect Plum and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); Plum Pudding and Fresh Snow inks, Plum Pudding button (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Nana’s Nursery-Baby Boy designer paper (DCWV); purple seam binding (Martha Stewart); clear crystals (Imaginisce), baker’s twine (Timeless Twine)

1 comment:

  1. I love that purple button and the ribbon that is just super card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips