Saturday, December 18, 2010

So Awesome

Here's a fun card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I combined designer papers from two older Cosmo Cricket lines to get a great masculine look and feel.

I stamped one of the sentiments from Verve's Happy Days set on a cream panel, then inked around the edges with light brown ink to dirty it up a bit. A trio of square copper brads runs under the sentiment--these are a great accent element on a masculine card! At the left end of the panel, I attached a pair of layered felt stars with a button at the center to balance out the panel.

I used a gold dotted panel underneath the left end of the sentiment panel. Two opposite corners of the panel are rounded for a different look. The pieces are assembled on a striped panel, then set on a brown card base. I machine stitched around the edges to break up the dark colors a little. After everything had been put together, I realized I'd forgotten the small notched ended element that extends out from the right edge of the sentiment panel. I was able to lift the edge and add a strip of brown grosgrain ribbon underneath it to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Happy Days stamp set (Verve Stamps); Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Creamy Caramel, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, Harvest Gold and Dark Chocolate felt, star dies, Harvest Gold button (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (Martha Stewart); Mr. Campy: Happy Trails and Wanted: Slim Jim designer papers (Cosmo Cricket); copper brads (Making Memories); brown grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine; Corner Chomper

2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! (Hey, I have that same DP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can always use masculine card ideas and this is a beauty! (Love the cutie hot air balloon card, too.) Thx for visiting me... *smile*

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips